- Nicole G.PracticalCME Courses
Of all the CME courses I have taken in an effort to expand my medical practice, I can say without hesitation that PracticalCME's lectures have been the most well-presented, memorable, and enjoyable.
- Joseph Johnson, MDSclerotherapy
The Sclerotherapy training was comprehensive, providing the newest and safest techniques. I also did private, hands-on training with the instructor that quickly brought me from novice to proficiency, leaving me confident that I could do this in my practice. This has been a lot of fun and is about twice as profitable as seeing regular patients. Results have been fantastic, and there is little cost involved in this technique. It is much more comfortable, effective and has fewer side effects than treatments with the laser I used to use.
- Jennifer Canesi, NPSclerotherapy Online Course
I found the online sclerotherapy course to be excellent. I had taken a sclerotherapy course last year, but found it to be very inadequate. Your course covered everything I needed to know about the subject and I feel as though I as a practitioner will benefit greatly from it and my patients will be very thankful. I can honestly say it was money well spent.
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy Courses
Small Group LIVE Hands-On Training
Maximum 6 Providers per Live Hands-On Training Course
- Hands-On with Reticular Vein Trainer and Vein Transilluminator
- All-MD Faculty Cosmetic Sclerotherapy Training
- Optional One-On-One Hands-On Training Session
FAST TRACK Online + Live Certification Training
Learn Online prior to the Live Training Class
- Start watching online course material immediately
- Downloadable consents and patient instruction forms
- Live Course focuses on advanced learning and hands-on
8 AMA/AAFP CME CREDITS
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy Foam Tx CME
THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS ACCEPTABLE FOR UP TO 8 PRESCRIBED CREDITS BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS (AAFP).
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
Who is Eligible to Take PracticalCME Sclerotherapy Training?
BTX & Filler Training for Medical and Dental Professionals
- Doctors (MD’s and DO’s)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses who work with a Sclerotherapy-trained MD or DO
- Non-US Licensed Providers Chat with us using the chat box below or email us
Sclerotherapy Course Outline (click to open)
Anatomy and Physiology of Superficial Veins of the Legs
- The Specialty of Phlebology
- Superficial vs. Deep Veins
- Venous Insufficiency Definitions
- Causes of Venous Reflux
- Distinguishing Cosmetic vs. Medical Venous Reflux
- Identifying Treatable Spider and Reticular Veins
- Planning Your Treatment Course
- Taking a Patient History and Identifying Risk Factors
Performing the Treatment
- Historical Sclerosant Agents
- Why Saline is no longer the Standard of Care
- Modern Sclerosant Agents
- Detergent Agents (STS and POL)
- Choosing the Right Agent for the Right Vein
- Technique of Painless Spider Vein Injection
- Foam Sclerosants
- Technique of Painless Reticular Feeder Vein Injection
- Handling Complications
- Supplies Needed
- Patient Consent
Review of Other Treatment Modalities
- Use of Lasers in Spider Vein Treatment
- Introduction to Large Vein Treatment
Practice Tips and Tricks
- Customizable Office Forms for History, Consent, Treatment Record, Patient Instructions
- Setting up your Practice
- Scheduling Patients
- Treatment Packages and Pricing
Live Technique Demonstration and Hands-On Practice opportunity for qualified attendees
Course General Information & Purpose
How the Best Doctors, Nurses, and Mid-Levels Learn Sclerotherapy
Nobody learns how to treat spider veins of the legs in their basic medical or nursing education. These cosmetic injection procedures do not belong to any one specialty or group of providers. For over a decade, PracticalCME has provided inclusive hands-on training courses for all eligible practitioners. It is our goal to provide you safe, evidence-based certification training before, during, and after the live hands-on training date. And our physician faculty members will continue to support you while you transition from student to provider in these services.
With our unique FAST TRACK™ Sclerotherapy classes you are ready to practice your new procedure in 3 easy steps…
- Watch the narrated online content at your own pace.
- Attend the live review of the protocols, Q&A, and hands-on training (private one-on-one available on a patient you bring)
- Begin practicing and re-review the online content when necessary
Over 96% of our attendees rate our training for Sclerotherapy “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME’s certification to a friend or colleague.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cosmetic Sclerotherapy?
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy uses FDA-approved injectable agents that can close spider veins of the legs after a series of treatments. Results are typically permanent and have a low rate of side effects.
Who can attend the Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course?
RN’s, PA’s, NP’s, MD’s, and DO’s may take the Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course and perform hands-on training.
Who can perform Sclerotherapy?
MD’s, DO’s can perform this procedure once trained in a CME-accredited training course. NP’s, PA’s and RN’s can perform the sclerotherapy in most states under the supervision of an MD.
What is the deadline to register for the Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course?
Because PracticalCME Training is FAST TRACK(TM), this means you should budget at least 5 hours in advance of the live training date to watch the online program. Therefore, it is recommended that you reserve your seat as early as possible to begin the online material. If space is available, we can take registrations as late as 2 days prior to the live date.
Reserve Your Seat Now
What’s New at PracticalCME Medical Training
PracticalCME voted a 2019 Card Member Favorite
Since our inception in 2008, PracticalCME has prided itself in providing value for online and small-group hands-on CME. We are honored to be chosen by AMEX card members for 2019.Read More -->
PracticalCME Selected by PDOThreadLiftTraining.com as a Partner
http://pdothreadlifttraining.com has selected PracticalCME as a trusted partner for providing PDO Thread Lift CME online and live hands-on training.Read More -->
PracticalCME BTX/Filler Course Now 10 CME Credits
The BTX/Filler FAST TRACK(TM) online/live course has just been awarded a record-high 10 CME credit hours, effective October 25, 2019. This reflects our continued commitment to revising and expanding our online and live content continuously so your courses are always up to date.Read More -->