Evidence-Based Weight Loss Training CME Courses
Showing all 4 results
VIDEO WELLNESS TRIPLE (SAVE $1,000) All 3 Wellness Video Courses (BHRT, Weight Loss, NT/GI)
-Add to cart
VIDEO COURSE ***NEW FOR 2023***Evidence-Based Weight Loss with Ketosis, Semaglutide and Other Agents (6 credits)$1,495.00
-Add to cart
VIDEO WELLNESS BLOCK (SAVE $400) Choose Any 2 Wellness Video Courses (BHRT, Weight Loss, NT/GI)
BHRT, Weight Loss ONLINE Wellness Block. SAVE $500 plus 1-hour LIVE Consultation with Dr. Zengo
-Add to cart
Live Literature Citation Links
All the Latest Meds: Semaglutide and New Off-Label Meds
The Most Comprehensive Evidence-Based Weight Loss Course
- We ONLY cover what works long-term
Dozens of Literature Citations
- The perfect companion to any BHRT/Wellness practice
- NO sponsors controlling the curriculum
- NO MLM products recommended
- Full downloadable Ketosis diet menu/instructions for patients
Fully ONLINE Streaming Interactive Presentation
Fully Online Curriculum
- Complete at your own pace.
- Print your certificate after completion of post-test.
- Full access to instructor for Q&A while taking the course
- No-charge course updates pushed automatically for 2 years.
6.0 AMA/AAFP CME Credits
Comprehensive Weight Loss, Ketosis Diet Training
- Accredited Certification by AAFP and AMA Category 1
- Credits accepted by AANP and AAPA
- THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS ACCEPTABLE FOR UP TO 6.0 PRESCRIBED CREDITS BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS (AAFP).
- AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
Who is Eligible to Take PracticalCME Training Courses?
Weight Loss and Ketosis Diet Training for Medical Professionals
- Doctors (MD’s and DO’s)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses (in a proper supervisory practice situation)
- Other licensed professionals who consult with weight loss patients.
- Non-US Licensed Providers Chat with us using the chat box below or email us
- Obesity By the Numbers
- Why Obesity is the Greatest Epidemic of our Time
- Obesity and Quality of Life
- Costs of Obesity to Society
- Obesity and Illness
- Myths and Misconceptions about Dieting
- Why Calorie Counting is Not Enough
- Why Scale Weight is not the Best Indicator of Success
- BIA Body Composition Testing
Obesity Behind the Scenes
- Genetics of Obesity
- Adaptive Thermogenesis
- Sleep Deprivation and Weight Gain
- Disorders of Intake
- Food Addiction Hypothesis
- Why We Crave Certain Foods
- Why We Eat When We are Not Hungry
- Gut Biome Contribution to Intake and Absorption Disorders
- Dysregulation of Metabolism
- Hormone Glucose Regulation
- Intermittent Fasting … what works and what does not
- Contribution of Hypothyroid to Obesity
- Contribution of Male, Female and Stress Adrenal Hormone Imbalances to Obesity
- Plastics and Pollutants Role in Obesity
- How Exercise Can Cause Weight Gain or Weight Loss
- Maximizing Exercise for Weight Loss … More is not Necessarily Better!
Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
- Historical Agents
- Prescription Stimulants
- Literature summary
- Prescribing variations
- Combination Agents
- New Novel Prescription Agents (Qsymia, Contrave, Incivree)
- GLP-1 Agonists (Liraglutide and Semaglutide)
- GLP-1 Tips and Tricks
- Off-Label Mediations likely to be approved in 2023-4 **
- New ORAL Prescription agents **
- OTC Supplements
- Why Caffeine Does Not Work
- **Course includes automatic updates as needed to follow these developments**
Analysis of Popular Diets
- Counting Calories
- The Low-Fat Mistake
- Low-Carb, High-Fat
- Low Glycemic Diets
- Glycemic Index vs Glycemic Load
- Low-Carb, High-Protein
- Ketosis Diets
- How to Achieve Ketosis Safely
- Physiology of Ketosis to Burn Fat
- Meal Replacements
- Dietary Recall Issues
- Diet Apps
Practice Tips and Tricks
- Billing Insurance
- Handling the Reluctant, Resistant, and Defeated Weight Loss Patient
- Incorporating BHRT, Thyroid, GI Testing and NT Testing into Weight Loss
- How to take a Great Weight Loss History
- Forming a Partnership with the Patient
- Using Follow-up Visits for Continued Motivation and Compliance
Course General Information & Purpose
Evidence-Based Weight Loss, Ketosis Diet CME Certification Training Course for Bariatric Providers. Course includes discussion of popular Hormone-Aided Ketosis Diets
The number one complaint among our patients is weight gain and the inability to lose weight and keep it off effectively. The supplement industry makes over 50 million dollars a year offering solutions yet no pill has ever been shown to cause permanent weight loss. This course only presents evidence-based topics which will work with your patients. The course contains over 200 citations from the medical literature. Highlights of the course include…
- Discussion of Food Addictions and How to Treat Them
- The Role of Exercise as both a Help and Hindrance to weight loss
- Understanding Macronutrients and How to Build a Healthy Menu
- The Importance of Sleep in Weight Loss
- Problems and Limitations With Current Pharmaceuticals
- How to Select an Effective Meal Replacement for Your Practice
- Detailed Information on Implementing an Effective Hormone-Aided Ketosis Diet in Your Practice
No proprietary, multi-level, or other expensive substances are recommended in this training. This course has no sponsors. Customizable patient information forms, consents, and sample menus for our recommended ketosis diet are included. Courses are taught live, as a live internet simulcast, or included at no charge with the purchase of selected live dates for our Saliva Testing/BHRT Course. The course is also available online as a fully interactive streaming presentation with email support from our faculty. So no matter how you train, you have nothing to lose. Your patients need this service and there is no better time to implement it than NOW!
If you have any further questions about this course, please Email our Medical Director.
Reserve Your Spot Now for one of PracticalCME’s Certification Training Courses
Why Choose PracticalCME?
Excellence in CME Training Since 2008
Frequently Asked Questions
Our online weight management courses have been designed for several medical professionals, including doctors (MDs and DOs), physician assistants, and nurse practitioners.
Other licensed experts who consult with weight loss patients can benefit from our online training, such as registered nurses, if they work in proper supervisory practice situations.
It’s important to know that no course, not even our medical weight loss physician training, can alter the legal scope of practice set by your country’s or state’s medical and nursing boards.
Ideally, providers should consult all national and state requirements for supervision before offering weight loss services or adding related procedures to their practices.
However, non-US licensed medical providers should contact us through our email or chat box to learn more about our suitable options.
Essentially, you’ll be able to create a successful weight loss program after completing our training course. However, our content is based on proven techniques that work in the long run.
There are many weight loss supplements out there. However, no pill has shown a real level of effectiveness for permanent results. Instead, patients often complain about weight gain and their struggles to shed those extra pounds.
At PracticalCME, we’re committed to delivering effective training and giving our students the tools they need to create successful weight loss programs and help their patients improve their health.
Yes, we can help you if you need semaglutide and weight training! As mentioned, our courses focus on evidence-based methods and techniques that really promote weight loss, including semaglutide use.
As part of our content, you’ll learn everything you need about GLP 1 obesity treatment with approved medications, including semaglutide, ketosis, and other agents.
After completing the course, you’ll also understand the most popular techniques used in successful medical weight loss clinics.
Yes, you will! Unlike other course providers, we offer a real CME certification with credits accepted by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and the American Academy of Physician Associates (AAPA).
In addition, our online course is acceptable for up to 6.0 prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), which are also recognized by the American Medical Association (AMA) toward its Physician’s Recognition Awards.
In other words, if you’re a licensed medical provider, our courses can be a valuable addition to your weight loss practice and professional career.
Yes, you will! Besides offering key information on obesity and treatment options to create an effective medical weight loss program, we provide high-quality content on potential medical complications.
In addition, our courses offer top-class literature on how to handle reluctant patients, GI and NT testing, and tips to use follow-up visits to motivate patients to comply with their weight loss maintenance programs.