Available Small-Group LIVE One-on-One Hands-On Training
Learn More ...
Online 9-Hour Didactic followed by
Optional Live PDO Thread Lift Hands-On Certification Course
- First complete the online curriculum at home at your own pace.
- Personalized Group Training with Maximum 4 Participants and COVID-19 precautions
- Hands-On with Smooth and Barbed Sutures
- One-On-One Training at Your Office Available
- NEW ADVANCED Live Hands-On Class (see below for agenda)
FAST TRACK Online + Live PDO Thread Training
Learn More ...
Learn Online prior to Live PDO Thread Lift Training Class
- Start watching online Anatomy and PDO Thread Lift course material immediately
- Live Review and One-On-One Hands-On Training (Small Group, Masks Required)
- Downloadable consents and patient instruction forms
- Up to $4,200 in Free Threads with first bundle purchase
Up to 15 CME Credit Hours
Learn More ...
CME Credit Statement
This Blended Learning activity, PDO Thread Lift Training, has been reviewed by the American Academy of Family Physicians. This activity is acceptable for up to 15.00 Prescribed credit(s); the total amount of credit consists of 9.00 Enduring Prescribed credits and 6.00 Live Prescribed credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Who is Eligible to Take PracticalCME Training Courses?
Learn More ...
PDO Thread Lift Training for Medical Professionals
- Doctors (MD’s and DO’s)
- Nurse Practitioners & Physician’s Assistants
Others are eligible for the online course only, but not the hands-on training at this time.
- Non-US Licensed Providers Chat with us using the chat box below or email us
No training course alters the legal scope of practice as defined by the medical/nursing boards in your home state/country. Please review all state/country requirements for supervision for these procedures prior to adding them to your practice.
PDO Thread Blended Live Hands-On Course Outline
Learn More ...
Day 1 — 8 Hour Online Didactic Curriculum (done at your own pace)
Thread Lift vs Face Lift
- Thread Lift in the literature
- Consensus opinion on thread lift
- Differences between Thread Lift and Face Lift
- Skin and Fat
- Musculature and Fascia
- Blood Vessels at risk and How to Avoid
- Major Nerves at risk and How to Avoid
- Skin Layers and Age
- UV-induced Changes
- Gravitational Changes vs Volume Loss
- Shifts in the SMAS Structural Fat
- What causes Jowls and Naso-Labial Folds?
History of Thread Lifting
- Review of Historical Products
- Review of Branded non-PDO Products
PDO Thread Lifting
- Advantages of PDO suture material
- Metabolism of PDO
- Available FDA-approved PDO products
- Smooth Sutures
- Coiled Sutures
- Barbed Sutures
- Anchored Sutures
The Physics of Facial Lifting
- Directional Rules
- Areas to Avoid
- Identifying a Good Thread Lift Candidate
Performing the PDO Thread Lift
- Review of Local Anesthesia
- Lidocaine maximum dosing
- Planning and Marking
- Upper Face / Forehead
- Body Areas
- Smooth Thread Volumization Strategies
- Upper Lip
- Folds and Wrinkles
- Barbed Thread Lifting Strategies
- Anchored in Temporal Fascia
- Lower Face
- Submental Region
- Abdomen and Leg
- Detailed Procedure Description and Video Review
- Narrated Case Videos Exclusive to PracticalCME
- Avoiding Complications
- Patient Instructions Post-Procedure
- Launching Your New Service
- Additional Literature
End of Online Didactic Curriculum
Day 2 — LIVE Hands-On Training at Individual Clinical Sites (Up to 6 Hours)
Live Q&A with Instructor
Live Patient Counseling and Planning Instruction
Up to 4 Total Hands-On Cases with one-one-proctoring. Threads used will be specified on each date’s description.
Perform one full case on a patient you bring and learn by watching the other attendees’ hands-on cases.
NovaThreads® and MINT PDO® are registered trademarks of their respective owners. This course is independent and not affiliated with any one thread lift suture provider.
PDO Thread ADVANCED Hands-On Live Training Course
Learn More ...
This Class will use: MINT 43, Easy, 17, Fine, Fix, and Smooth PDO sutures.
THIS IS ADVANCED HANDS-ON TRAINING ONLY
By Booking this course you Certify that…
1. You have taken a PCME Hands-On PDO Thread Training Course in the past
2. Have taken any MINT PDO Thread Hands-On Training Course AND have performed at least 20 Barbed Thread Cases
This course will cover the following special situations complete vector design.
- Challenging Face lift (severe ptosis, older patient, skinny face, heavy neck or face, acne scar, face deformities)
- Challenging Neck lift
- Lip flip
- Acne scar
- Nose lift
- Cat or fox eyes
- Body thread lift, Breasts, Abdominal skin, Naval area rejuvenation, scar treatment including acne scar or surgical, Butt lift, upper arm skin rejuvenation and lift, above knee skin lift
- Body skin rejuvenation
Each participant will do one full cases of any of the above areas needed by his/her patient. Provider should bring the appropriate patient for the procedures provider wishes to perform.
This course has no additional online didactic component or CME credits.
If you have not taken and passed the online PCME PDO Thread curriculum in the past, you MUST choose the option that includes the Online Curriculum when placing your order.
This is a physician office-based hands-on course date. We will supply all necessary threads and supplies.
MINT PDO® is a registered trademark of HansBiomed. This course is independent and not affiliated with any one thread lift suture provider.
Course General Information & Purpose
Learn More ...
How the Best Doctors and Mid-Levels Learn PDO Thread Lift Techniques
Nobody learns how to perform thread lifting procedures in their basic medical or nursing education. These PDO Thread Lift procedures do not belong to any one specialty or group of providers. For over a decade, PracticalCME has provided inclusive aesthetic training courses for all eligible practitioners. Hands-On training in PDO Thread Lifting (NovaThreads, MINT) is our latest addition. It is our goal to provide you safe, evidence-based certification training before, during, and after the live hands-on training date. Our physician faculty members will continue to support you while you transition from student to provider in these services.
With our unique FAST TRACK™ PDO Thread Lift classes, you are ready to practice your new procedure in 3 easy steps…
- Watch the narrated online content at your own pace.
- Attend the live review of the protocols, Q&A, and hands-on training
- Begin practicing and re-review the online content when necessary
Over 98% of our attendees rate our aesthetic training courses “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME to a friend or colleague.
Reserve Your Spot Now for one of PracticalCME’s PDO Thread Lift Certification Training Courses
- Out of StockSale
PDO Thread Lift ADVANCED Hands-On Training (MINT Threads) Portland, OR, Sunday May 16, 2021 9am$1,995.00 – $2,895.00
Why Choose PracticalCME?
Excellence in CME Training Since 2008
Read More of Our Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
What are PDO threads?
PDO is an absorbable suture material called polydioxanone which has been used since the 1980’s. It can be used in aesthetics to stimulate new tissue growth and/or reposition fallen fat pads in the face and neck due to aging. It has a low rate of complications and infection.
Who is eligible to train in PDO threads?
Barbed PDO threads require local anesthesia and should be performed by MD’s, DO’s or NP’s, and PA’s working under a skilled MD or DO physician. Smooth PDO threads for volumization use a similar skillset as Dermal Fillers and may be appropriate for RN’s as well under a proper protocol and MD supervision per the laws of your state.
Do all courses available online come with CME credits?
The PracticalCME online PDO Thread training is approved for 8 CME credits. It was the first PDO thread course to have CME credits using online materials and recorded cases.
I am a visual learner. How will an online course help me?
At practicalCME, our online courses are visual, and you can watch it many times to reinforce your learning. Our PDO thread course has hours of narrated case videos that you can watch over and over again. Watching someone do a case live one time will not help you at all when you get home if you do not have the recorded course material and protocols to review again later.
Do I need to know Botox, Fillers and PRP when doing threads?
It definitely helps to know Fillers prior to threads since both require finding the perfect depth of injection. But for patient satisfaction, many patients cannot be fully treated with threads alone, and would benefit most from combination therapy including Botox, Fillers and PRP in addition to threads.
Why choose Practical CME PDO Thread Lift Training Course?
PracticalCME was the first to offer both live and online CME-approved training in PDO threads and our blended online + live course offers 14 CME credits. It is very important to learn the characteristics of PDO thread material and the studies behind it prior to using it in your practice. This cannot be covered in courses where all you do is watch cases, or do a case with a proctor. Courses without CME credit are prone to bias from a sponsor or fail to have the academic rigor needed to earn CME accreditation.