PDO Thread Training Courses (MINT PDO and NovaThreads Training)
Showing 13–14 of 14 results
PDO Thread Training with Optional Hands-On Certification
Since 2016, PracticalCME has been a leader in small-group, hands-on PDO Thread Training. Moreover, our 9 Credit CME Online Curriculum with Live Narrated Case Videos can be combined with live One-On Hands-On Experience. You have two choices for hands-on training: MINT Threads or NovaThreads (through AIAM partnership).
FAST TRACK™ Online plus Live Hands-On Blended Dual Certification
Since 2012, we have pioneered FAST TRACK™ Training. This gives every live course participant…
Up to 15 AMA Category 1 level CME credits with Dual Certification
Because our courses are backed by the gold standard in CME certification, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best training with no sponsorship or bias whatsoever. Use your online certificate to set up your accounts to purchase toxin and filler, then use your hands-on certificate for your liability insurance. FAST TRACK™ gets you ready for a great hands-on experience and begin treating patients immediately when you return to the office. Other hands-on courses have little to no didactic and you watch a hands-on case “cold” with no knowledge prior to the live date.
Why Choose PracticalCME for your PDO Thread Lift (Smooth & Barbed) Training?
Available Small-Group LIVE One-on-One Hands-On Training
- Online 9-Hour Didactic followed by
- Optional Live PDO Thread Lift Hands-On Certification Course
- First complete the online curriculum at home at your own pace.
- Personalized Group Training with Maximum 4 Participants
- Hands-On with Smooth and Barbed Sutures
- One-On-One Training at Your Office Available
- NEW ADVANCED Live Hands-On Class (see below for agenda)
FAST TRACK Online + Live PDO Thread Training
- Learn Online prior to Live PDO Thread Lift Training Class
- Start watching online Anatomy and PDO Thread Lift course material immediately
- Live Review and One-On-One Hands-On Training (Small Group, Masks Required)
- Downloadable consents and patient instruction forms
- Up to $4,200 in Free Threads with first bundle purchase
Up to 15 CME Credit Hours
- Online +/- Live Hands-On Training
- Accredited Certification by AAFP with AMA Category 1 Credits
- Credits also accepted by AANP and AAPA
- THIS ACTIVITY IS ACCEPTED FOR UP TO 15 AMA PRA CATEGORY 1 CME CREDITS (9 Online + 6 Live)
Who is Eligible to Take PracticalCME Training Courses?
PDO Thread Lift Training for Medical Professionals
- Doctors (MD’s and DO’s)
- Nurse Practitioners & Physician’s Assistants
- Others are eligible for the online course only, but not the hands-on training at this time.
- Non-US Licensed Providers Chat with us using the chat box below or email us
PDO Thread Blended Live Hands-On Course Outline
Day 1 — 8 Hour Online Didactic Curriculum (done at your own pace)
Thread Lift vs Face Lift
- Thread Lift in the literature
- Consensus opinion on thread lift
- Differences between Thread Lift and Face Lift
- Skin and Fat
- Musculature and Fascia
- Blood Vessels at risk and How to Avoid
- Major Nerves at risk and How to Avoid
- Skin Layers and Age
- UV-induced Changes
- Gravitational Changes vs Volume Loss
- Shifts in the SMAS Structural Fat
- What causes Jowls and Naso-Labial Folds?
History of Thread Lifting
- Review of Historical Products
- Review of Branded non-PDO Products
PDO Thread Lifting
- Advantages of PDO suture material
- Metabolism of PDO
- Available FDA-approved PDO products
- Smooth Sutures
- Coiled Sutures
- Barbed Sutures
- Anchored Sutures
The Physics of Facial Lifting
- Directional Rules
- Areas to Avoid
- Identifying a Good Thread Lift Candidate
Performing the PDO Thread Lift
- Review of Local Anesthesia
- Lidocaine maximum dosing
- Planning and Marking
- Upper Face / Forehead
- Body Areas
- Smooth Thread Volumization Strategies
- Upper Lip
- Folds and Wrinkles
- Barbed Thread Lifting Strategies
- Anchored in Temporal Fascia
- Lower Face
- Submental Region
- Abdomen and Leg
- Detailed Procedure Description and Video Review
- Narrated Case Videos Exclusive to PracticalCME
- Avoiding Complications
- Patient Instructions Post-Procedure
- Launching Your New Service
- Additional Literature
End of Online Didactic Curriculum
Day 2 — LIVE Hands-On Training at Individual Clinical Sites (Up to 6 Hours)
- Live Q&A with Instructor
- Live Patient Counseling and Planning Instruction
- Live Patient Counseling and Planning Instruction
- Up to 4 Total Hands-On Cases with one-one-proctoring. Threads used will be specified on each date’s description.
- Perform one full case on a patient you bring and learn by watching the other attendees’ hands-on cases.
NovaThreads® and MINT PDO® are registered trademarks of their respective owners. This course is independent and not affiliated with any one thread lift suture provider.
PDO Thread ADVANCED Hands-On Live Training Course
This Class will use: MINT 43, Easy, 17, Fine, Fix, and Smooth PDO sutures.
THIS IS ADVANCED HANDS-ON TRAINING ONLY
By Booking this course you Certify that…
- You have taken a PCME Hands-On PDO Thread Training Course in the past
- Have taken any MINT PDO Thread Hands-On Training Course AND have performed at least 20 Barbed Thread Cases
This course will cover the following special situations complete vector design
- Challenging Face lift (severe ptosis, older patient, skinny face, heavy neck or face, acne scar, face deformities)
- Challenging Neck lift
- Lip flip
- Acne scar
- Nose lift
- Cat or fox eyes
- Body thread lift, Breasts, Abdominal skin, Naval area rejuvenation, scar treatment including acne scar or surgical, Butt lift, upper arm skin rejuvenation and lift, above knee skin lift
- Body skin rejuvenation
Each participant will do one full cases of any of the above areas needed by his/her patient. Provider should bring the appropriate patient for the procedures provider wishes to perform.
This course has no additional online didactic component or CME credits.
If you have not taken and passed the online PCME PDO Thread curriculum in the past, you MUST choose the option that includes the Online Curriculum when placing your order.
This is a physician office-based hands-on course date. We will supply all necessary threads and supplies.MINT PDO® is a registered trademark of HansBiomed. This course is independent and not affiliated with any one thread lift suture provider.
Course General Information & Purpose
How the Best Doctors and Mid-Levels Learn PDO Thread Lift Techniques
Nobody learns how to perform thread lifting procedures in their basic medical or nursing education. These PDO Thread Lift procedures do not belong to any one specialty or group of providers. For over a decade, PracticalCME has provided inclusive aesthetic training courses for all eligible practitioners. Hands-On training in PDO Thread Lifting (NovaThreads, MINT) is our latest addition. It is our goal to provide you safe, evidence-based certification training before, during, and after the live hands-on training date. Our physician faculty members will continue to support you while you transition from student to provider in these services.
With our unique FAST TRACK™ PDO Thread Lift classes, you are ready to practice your new procedure in 3 easy steps…
- Watch the narrated online content at your own pace.
- Attend the live review of the protocols, Q&A, and hands-on training
- Begin practicing and re-review the online content when necessary
Over 98% of our attendees rate our aesthetic training courses “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME to a friend or colleague.
Reserve Your Spot Now for one of PracticalCME’s PDO Thread Lift Certification Training Courses
Why Choose PracticalCME?
Excellence in CME Training Since 2008
Frequently Asked Questions
PracticalCME was the first to offer both live and online CME-approved training in PDO threads and our blended online + live course offers 15 CME credits. It is very important to learn the characteristics of PDO thread material and the studies behind it prior to using it in your practice. This cannot be covered in courses where all you do is watch cases, or do a case with a proctor. Courses without CME credit are prone to bias from a sponsor or fail to have the academic rigor needed to earn CME accreditation.