Sclerotherapy Training and Hands-On Certification
Since 2008, PracticalCME has been a leader in small-group, hands-on Sclerotherapy Training. With over 100 million Americans with visible cosmetic spider veins, your market is virtually unlimited. As a result, over 98% of our attendees rate our Sclerotherapy Training Course “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME’s certification to a friend or colleague.
FAST TRACK™ Online plus Live Hands-On Blended Dual Certification
Since 2012, we have pioneered FAST TRACK™ Training. This gives every live course participant…
- A full 4 hour streaming, interactive online presentation complete with narrated treatment videos.
- Because the online learning begins from the moment you place your order, you can learn at your own pace.
- Print your online CME certificate after passing the online post-test.
- Then, attend the live hands-on for an additional 4 CME hour certificate.
- Hands-on courses are limited to 6 providers for each 1 MD instructor.
One-on-On Small Group Sclerotherapy Hands-On Training.
PracticalCME spends a greater percentage of our live contact time doing hands-on instruction than any other Sclerotherapy Course, anywhere.
Because our MD instructors average 10 years of experience, your semi-private hands-on experience is second to none. We use a latex vein injection traininer in addition to real patients of your choice. In addition, PracticalCME never charges you for sclerosant, gloves and syringes used in hands-on. We provide everything for a great hands-on experience.
8 AMA Category 1 level CME credits with Dual Certification
Because our courses are backed by the gold standard in CME certification, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best training with no sponsorship or bias whatsoever. Use your online certificate to set up your accounts to purchase sclerotherapy agents, then use your hands-on certificate for your liability insurance. FAST TRACK™ gets you ready to begin treating patients immediately when you return to the office.
Sclerotherapy Training for MD’s, DO’s, NP’s, PA’s, and RN’s.
PracticalCME has always maintained the most inclusive training for a wide variety of healthcare professionals. Since our courses are only taught by experienced MD’s, your certificates will always be valid for your professional certification. Other courses taught by RN’s cannot certify higher level providers like NP’s, PA’s and MD’s.
Why Choose PracticalCME for your Sclerotherapy Certification Training?
- Experienced: First, we have been in business since 2008 and have only MD instructors with at least 10 years’ experience.
- Dependability: Also, PracticalCME has never cancelled a class.
- Comprehensive: Spend as much time as you need on the online materials. Receive free updates and re-review as often as needed for 2 full years after purchase.
- Prepared: Because everyone learns the online material in advance, you already know the basics when you attend the live date.
- Personalized: Since no hands-on class has more than 6 participants, you will get the most personalized, one-on-one instruction.
- Helpful: Customizable consents and patient instruction forms can be downloaded from the online course for use in your own practice.
Don’t get lost in the crowd at another training course. 70% of PracticalCME Sclerotherapy Course participants travel from other states to get the best quality training in order to get the best results for your patients and grow your practice the fastest.
PracticalCME has only 30 live training spots a year, so reserve your seat TODAY and begin learning tonight.
8 AMA/AAFP CME Credits
Learn More ...
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy with Hands-On Training
THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS ACCEPTABLE FOR UP TO 8 PRESCRIBED CREDITS BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS (AAFP).
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
Sclerotherapy Course Outline
Learn More ...
Anatomy and Physiology of Superficial Veins of the Legs
- The Specialty of Phlebology
- Superficial vs. Deep Veins
- Venous Insufficiency Definitions
- Causes of Venous Reflux
- Distinguishing Cosmetic vs. Medical Venous Reflux
- Identifying Treatable Spider and Reticular Veins
- Planning Your Treatment Course
- Taking a Patient History and Identifying Risk Factors
Performing the Treatment
- Historical Sclerosant Agents
- Why Saline is no longer the Standard of Care
- Modern Sclerosant Agents
- Detergent Agents (STS and POL)
- Choosing the Right Agent for the Right Vein
- Technique of Painless Spider Vein Injection
- Foam Sclerosants
- Technique of Painless Reticular Feeder Vein Injection
- Handling Complications
- Supplies Needed
- Patient Consent
Review of Other Treatment Modalities
- Use of Lasers in Spider Vein Treatment
- Introduction to Large Vein Treatment
Practice Tips and Tricks
- Customizable Office Forms for History, Consent, Treatment Record, Patient Instructions
- Setting up your Practice
- Scheduling Patients
- Treatment Packages and Pricing
Live Technique Demonstration and Hands-On Practice opportunity for qualified attendees
Course General Information & Purpose
Learn More ...
How the Best Doctors, Nurses, and Mid-Levels Learn Sclerotherapy
Nobody learns how to treat spider veins of the legs in their basic medical or nursing education. These cosmetic injection procedures do not belong to any one specialty or group of providers. For over a decade, PracticalCME has provided inclusive hands-on training courses for all eligible practitioners. It is our goal to provide you safe, evidence-based certification training before, during, and after the live hands-on training date. And our physician faculty members will continue to support you while you transition from student to provider in these services.
With our unique FAST TRACK™ Sclerotherapy classes you are ready to practice your new procedure in 3 easy steps…
- Watch the narrated online content at your own pace.
- Attend the live review of the protocols, Q&A, and hands-on training (private one-on-one available on a patient you bring)
- Begin practicing and re-review the online content when necessary
Over 96% of our attendees rate our training for Sclerotherapy “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME’s certification to a friend or colleague.
Why Choose PracticalCME?
Excellence in CME Training Since 2008
Read More of Our Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cosmetic Sclerotherapy?
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy uses FDA-approved injectable agents that can close spider veins of the legs after a series of treatments. Results are typically permanent and have a low rate of side effects.
Who can attend the Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course?
RN’s, PA’s, NP’s, MD’s, and DO’s may take the Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course and perform hands-on training.
Who can perform Sclerotherapy?
MD’s, DO’s can perform this procedure once trained in a CME-accredited training course. NP’s, PA’s and RN’s can perform the sclerotherapy in most states under the supervision of an MD.
What is the deadline to register for the Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course?
Because PracticalCME Training is FAST TRACK(TM), this means you should budget at least 5 hours in advance of the live training date to watch the online program. Therefore, it is recommended that you reserve your seat as early as possible to begin the online material. If space is available, we can take registrations as late as 2 days prior to the live date.