Cosmetic Sclerotherapy Courses
Our Next Cosmetic Sclerotherapy Training Courses
All Courses Eligible for Affirm Pay Over Time for as little as $106/month and 0.0% Interest
Small-Group LIVE Hands-On Training
- Maximum 4 Providers per Live Hands-On Training Course
- Hands-On practice on reticular vein training simulator
- Available hands-on one-on-one supervised treatment on a patient you bring to the course. (Limit 2 per live date).
- Learn using transilluminator and polarized headlamp equipment.
- Learn different techniques for reticular and spider veins.
FAST TRACK Online + Live Certification Training
- Learn Online prior to the Live Training Class
- Start watching online course material immediately
- Downloadable consents and patient instruction forms
- Live Course focuses on advanced learning and hands-on
8 AMA/AAFP CME Credits
- THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS ACCEPTABLE FOR UP TO 8 ELECTIVE CREDITS BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS (AAFP).
- AAFP Elective credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
- Credits accepted by AANP and AAPA
8 AMA/AAFP CME Credits
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy with Hands-On Training
THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS ACCEPTABLE FOR UP TO 8 PRESCRIBED CREDITS BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS (AAFP).
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
Sclerotherapy Course Outline
Anatomy and Physiology of Superficial Veins of the LegsSclerotherapy Training Course
- The Specialty of Phlebology
- Superficial vs. Deep Veins
- Venous Insufficiency Definitions
- Causes of Venous Reflux
- Distinguishing Cosmetic vs. Medical Venous Reflux
- Identifying Treatable Spider and Reticular Veins
- Planning Your Treatment Course
- Taking a Patient History and Identifying Risk Factors
Performing the Treatment
- Historical Sclerosant Agents
- Why Saline is no longer the Standard of Care
- Modern Sclerosant Agents
- Detergent Agents (STS and POL)
- Choosing the Right Agent for the Right Vein
- Technique of Painless Spider Vein Injection
- Foam Sclerosants
- Technique of Painless Reticular Feeder Vein Injection
- Handling Complications
- Supplies Needed
- Patient Consent
Review of Other Treatment Modalities
- Use of Lasers in Spider Vein Treatment
- Introduction to Large Vein Treatment
Practice Tips and Tricks
- Customizable Office Forms for History, Consent, Treatment Record, Patient Instructions
- Setting up your Practice
- Scheduling Patients
- Treatment Packages and Pricing
Live Technique Demonstration and Hands-On Practice opportunity for qualified attendees
Sclerotherapy Training and Hands-On Certification
Since 2008, PracticalCME has been a leader in small-group, hands-on Sclerotherapy Training. With over 100 million Americans with visible cosmetic spider veins, your market is virtually unlimited. As a result, over 98% of our attendees rate our Sclerotherapy Training Course “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME’s certification to a friend or colleague.
FAST TRACK™ Online plus Live Hands-On Blended Dual Certification
One-on-On Small Group Sclerotherapy Hands-On Training.
PracticalCME spends a greater percentage of our live contact time doing hands-on instruction than any other Sclerotherapy Course, anywhere.
Because our MD instructors average 10 years of experience, your semi-private hands-on experience is second to none. We use a latex vein injection traininer in addition to real patients of your choice. In addition, PracticalCME never charges you for sclerosant, gloves and syringes used in hands-on. We provide everything for a great hands-on experience.
8 AMA Category 1 level CME credits with Dual Certification
Because our courses are backed by the gold standard in CME certification, you can rest assured that you are receiving the best training with no sponsorship or bias whatsoever. Use your online certificate to set up your accounts to purchase sclerotherapy agents, then use your hands-on certificate for your liability insurance. FAST TRACK™ gets you ready to begin treating patients immediately when you return to the office.
Sclerotherapy Training for MD’s, DO’s, NP’s, PA’s, and RN’s.
PracticalCME has always maintained the most inclusive training for a wide variety of healthcare professionals. Since our courses are only taught by experienced MD’s, your certificates will always be valid for your professional certification. Other courses taught by RN’s cannot certify higher level providers like NP’s, PA’s and MD’s.
Why Choose PracticalCME for your Sclerotherapy Certification Training?
Don’t get lost in the crowd at another training course. 70% of PracticalCME Sclerotherapy Course participants travel from other states to get the best quality training in order to get the best results for your patients and grow your practice the fastest.
PracticalCME has only 30 live training spots a year, so reserve your seat TODAY and begin learning tonight.
Course General Information & Purpose
How the Best Doctors, Nurses, and Mid-Levels Learn Sclerotherapy
Nobody learns how to treat spider veins of the legs in their basic medical or nursing education. These cosmetic injection procedures do not belong to any one specialty or group of providers. For over a decade, PracticalCME has provided inclusive hands-on training courses for all eligible practitioners. It is our goal to provide you safe, evidence-based certification training before, during, and after the live hands-on training date. And our physician faculty members will continue to support you while you transition from student to provider in these services.
With our unique FAST TRACK™ Sclerotherapy classes you are ready to practice your new procedure in 3 easy steps…
- Watch the narrated online content at your own pace.
- Attend the live review of the protocols, Q&A, and hands-on training (private one-on-one available on a patient you bring)
- Begin practicing and re-review the online content when necessary
Over 96% of our attendees rate our training for Sclerotherapy “excellent” and would recommend PracticalCME’s certification to a friend or colleague.
Frequently Asked Questions
Actually, they’re dual! At PracticalCME, we offer FAST TRACK online courses with a hands-on practice opportunity.
You can start watching our visual cosmetic sclerotherapy content at home and at your own pace before attending the live date. After completing each phase, you can earn a certificate.
Our cosmetic sclerotherapy video course covers different topics related to this type of treatment, such as identifying risk factors, performing the treatment, and handling complications.
In addition, you’ll learn all the key aspects to understand and perform sclerotherapy if you’re considering adding this treatment to your practice. These are some of the topics included in our course’s outline:
- Understanding superficial and deep veins
- Differences between cosmetic and medical venous reflux
- Identifying treatable spider and reticular veins
- Taking a patient history
- Historical sclerosant agents
- Modern sclerosant agents, such as Sclerodex, Glycerin, and Detergent Agents (STS and POL)
- Painless spider vein injection techniques
- Foam sclerosants
- Handling complications, such as staining, ulceration, and matting
- Supplies needed
- How to use laser in vein treatment
- And more!
At PracticalCME, we offer a full four-hour streaming, interactive online presentation with multiple videos.
As mentioned, participants can learn at their own pace and start as soon as they receive the content after placing an order. However, the course is not boring and has been designed to make the educational experience fun and effective.
There won’t be a person repeating a script. Our content is fun, interactive, and engaging to optimize the learning process. You’ll enjoy all the videos!
Besides tips and tricks, customizable office forms for history, treatment records, consent, and patient instructions are included in our courses. You can download them and customize them according to your practice.
At PracticalCME, we want to offer what you need for setting up your practice, scheduling patients, offering treatment packages, and more.
Yes, you will! Each participant can earn a certificate after watching all the online content and passing the post-test. It’s printable.
In addition, participants can earn a second certificate for an additional 4-hour CME certificate if they attend the live hands-on session.
Participants who complete our online course and attend the hands-on training session can earn up to eight AMA Category 1-level CME credits.
Our courses are backed by the gold standard in CME certifications. Therefore, you can be sure that you’ll get comprehensive and evidence-based training.
While you can find many sclerotherapy training providers, PracticalCME is a reliable option. Our content is really educational, and there’s no sponsorship or bias.
Additionally, all our classes are taught by seasoned faculty with over 10 years of experience in the field.
Since we opened in 2008, we have worked hard to offer the best education to the people who trust us. That’s our main mission. We have never canceled a class.
Additionally, we limit each hands-on session to just six participants to offer more personalized, one-on-one instruction.
If you want more information about pricing, live technique demonstration dates, or our hands-on opportunities for qualified professionals, don’t hesitate to contact us!