Male/Female, Adrenal and Thyroid BHRT
Learn More ...
The Most Comprehensive BHRT Course Anywhere
- The ONLY one-day CME BHRT that covers all 3 systems
- Complete Training in interpreting Salivary Tests
- NO sponsors controlling the curriculum
- Free Saliva Test Consultation help after course completion
- Case Presentations for most common situations
Fully ONLINE Streaming Interactive Presentation
Learn More ...
Printable Certificate after Completion of Post-Test
- Complete at your own pace.
- Print your certificate after completion of post-test.
- Full access to instructor for Q&A while taking the course
- No-charge course updates pushed automatically for 1 year.
8.0 AMA/AAFP CME Credits
Learn More ...
Comprehensive Salivary Testing and BHRT Training
THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND IS ACCEPTABLE FOR UP TO 8.0 PRESCRIBED CREDITS BY THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS (AAFP).
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award.
Who is Eligible to Take PracticalCME Training Courses?
Learn More ...
Saliva Testing and Bio-Identical Hormone Training for Medical Professionals
- Doctors (MD’s and DO’s)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses (in a proper supervisory practice situation)
- Pharmacists who need help with collaborating with MD’s and DO’s
- Non-US Licensed Providers Chat with us using the chat box below or email us
No training course alters the legal scope of practice as defined by the medical/nursing boards in your home state/country. Please review all state/country requirements for supervision for these procedures prior to adding them to your practice.
Learn More ...
- What is Bio-Identical Medicine
- Why Patient Demand is So High for BHRT Therapies
- Physiology vs Pharmacology
- Standards of Care… Meeting vs Exceeding
Female Hormone Imbalance
- Physiology of the Menstrual Cycle
- Physiology of the Menopause Transition
- Natural role of Estrogens, Progesterone, and Testosterone in Women
- The Problems With Pharmaceutical HRT
- Synthetic, Dose, Duration, Liver Metabolism
- Hormone Imbalances in PMS and Cyclic Symptoms
- Hormone Imbalances in Menopause
- Causes of Hot Flashes
- Concept of Estrogen Dominance
- Issues With Pharmaceutical Metabolism and Toxic Metabolites
- Roles of Testosterone in Women
- Basics of Dosing Compounded Transdermal Hormones in Women
Male Hormone Imbalance
- Testosterone Physiology in Men
- Testosterone Metabolism
- Effects of Obesity and Stress on Testosterone Production
- Libido and Erectile Dysfunction
- Testosterone Replacement and Prostate Cancer
- History of Testosterone Replacement
- Advantages of Transdermal Therapy
- Drawbacks of Current FDA-Approved Gels
- Testosterone Replacement Guidelines and Protocols
- Limiting Conversion to Estrogens
Principles of Salivary Hormone Testing and Thyroid Testing
- Issues with Current Venous Blood Standards
- Advantages of Using Narrower Reference Ranges
- Advantages of Using Salivary Testing for Steroid Hormones
- Tissue Levels vs Venous Waste
- Literature Proof for Salivary Testing
- Proper Salivary Testing Techniques
- Choosing the Best Salivary Lab
Using Compounded Transdermal Creams
- Choosing the Right Compounding Pharmacy
- Literature Support of Predictable Absorption
- Why to avoid all oral Sex Steroids
- Why Most Pharmaceuticals are Not Bio-Identical
- Avoiding Household Transmission
- Using Troches
- Why Pellets are Not Bio-Identical
Bio-Identical Thyroid Testing and Treatment
- Thyroid Physiology
- Thyroid Hormone Production
- Toxins and the Thyroid
- Testing Free T3 and Free T4 Levels
- Adopting Narrower Reference Ranges
- Prescribing Armour and Cytomel
- Monitoring Treatment
Testing and Treating Stress-Induced Adrenal Dysfunction
- Adrenal Physiology and Pathology
- Testing Adrenal Function Using 4-Point Salivary Cortisol
- The 3 Phases of Stress-Induced Adrenal Dysfunction
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Each Phase
- Using Vitamin and Herbal Therapy
- Using Low-Dose Hydrocortisone (Cortisol)
- Using Adrenal Glandulars
- Literature Review of Clinical Significance of Adrenal Fatigue
- Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Really Adrenal Fatigue?
- Are Most Uses of Anti-Depressants and Sleeping Pills Really Just a Missed Adrenal Fatigue Diagnosis?
Practice Tips and Case Studies
- Implementing The Service
- Selling Supplements
- Billing Insurance
- Basic and Advanced Case Studies and Discussion
- Handling Patients Overdosed by Other Providers
Course General Information & Purpose
Learn More ...
How the Best Doctors and Mid-Levels Learn BHRT Since 2008
Learn Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy Testing and Treatment in a One-Day CME Certification Course that covers Salivary Testing and Treatment for Female, Male, Thyroid, and Adrenal systems.
PracticalCME’s most popular training course is now FULLY ONLINE offers doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and compounding pharmacists the latest information in accurate testing and bio-identical treatment. This is the only one-day course which covers testing and treatment for stress-induced imbalances of the Adrenal, Male, Female, and Thyroid hormone systems. Course highlights include…
- Ordering and Interpreting Salivary Hormone Testing
- Proper dosing of Bio-Identical Compounded Creams
- Using Vitamins and Herbals as adjunct Treatments
- Why Diagnosing and Treating Adrenal Fatigue is a Must
This course has a 99% satisfaction rating among participants. The course also comes with customizable office history, treatment, tracking, and patient information forms to help you implement this service in your practice immediately. Courses are limited to less than 10 participants to encourage questions and discussion. You will be fully equipped to help your patients feel better without the need for so many antidepressant, stimulant, and sleeping pill prescriptions. You will feel very comfortable prescribing estrogens, testosterone, cortisol, and all forms of thyroid treatment including Cytomel and Armour Thyroid. In addition, we provide email support after the course if you need help interpreting your first tests. If you have any further questions about this course, please Email our Medical Director.
Reserve Your Spot Now for one of PracticalCME’s BHRT Certification Training Courses
Why Choose PracticalCME?
Excellence in CME Training Since 2008
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy?
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy, or BHRT, measures the levels of key hormones in your body that become unbalanced due to stress or menopause and replace what is missing to restore symptoms. Only the actual natural hormones that are present in the human body normally are given. No synthetic drugs are used.
What is Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy used for?
A: Bioidentical Hormone Therapy, or BHRT is used to treat menopause, andropause, menstrual cyclic abnormalities, hypothyroidism, sleep issues, and body clock disturbances.
Are Bioidentical hormones better than synthetic?
When properly tested, replacing the exact hormone that is missing is always better and has fewer side effects compared to using drugs or not assessing levels prior to treatment. Bio-Identical hormones have a known metabolism in the body where synthetics are unpredictable in their metabolism and side effects. We also cannot reliably check levels of synthetic hormones in the body.
Are there any risks associated with bioidentical hormones?
The only risks to hormone therapy is if the hormone is overdosed due to inferior or incomplete testing. For instance, using serum blood testing instead of saliva or pellets instead of daily creams can lead to overdosing and side effects, even from BHRT.
What is Salivary Hormone Testing?
Salivary hormone testing allows for checking levels of hormones that have left the blood and entered a body tissue (the salivary gland). This assesses the hormone levels where they function instead of hormones that remain trapped in the bloodstream.
Is Saliva testing accurate?
Salivary hormone testing of cortisol, estrogens, progesterone, and testosterone has been validated in over 1,000 papers in the medical literature since 1959.
What can be determined via Salivary Hormone Testing?
Salivary hormone testing is most accurate to assess tissue levels of Estrogens, Progesterone, Testosterone, Cortisol, DHEA, and Melatonin
Why Choose PracticalCME Saliva Testing and Bioidentical Hormone Training CME Courses?
Since 2008, PracticalCME remains the only BHRT training that integrates Female, Male, Thyroid, and Adrenal testing in the same evidence-based course. The course is presented by a board-certified MD with 15 years’ experience in BHRT.